Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh Funny, Where Art Thou?

I've lost my funny. Do you know where it is?

I always thought of myself as having a good sense of humor. It's part of my charm, created by the desire to make my parents laugh instead of fight. Laughter eases the tension. Now that I've gotten to the point in my life where things are relatively stable, I'm happy, I have a good job.. the funny just seemed to slip right out of me. Perhaps now that I'm not in a constant state of panic I've gotten lazy? Maybe I need stress to be funny. I suppose I could find some. What if I ran into my boss' office and told him off? That would create tension, and then maybe I could make a joke about that! I am kinda laughing just thinking about how purple his face gets when he's really, really mad. Plus, he has a shaved head so I get a real kick out of watching the veins pop out of his head like an inflating water hose.

Maybe I could send out a mass email detailing what I had for lunch today, see what responses I get and make a joke about that!

Good Afternoon Everyone:

This is just a quick note to tell you all that I really enjoyed my lunch today. The grapes were particularly delish. That's all. You can go back to work now.

I feel like my posts lately are sub-standard. I mean, if I'm not funny, people will focus on my lack of grammar, spelling ability, and my obvious misuse of the English language in general. (I just noticed yesterday that blogger has spell check... so now I'm un-funny AND un-observant). Maybe the pressure to write a good post will bring my funny back. Lets give it a try...

Once upon a time there was a hippopotamus who felt discriminated against because she really wanted to be a flight attendant, but company policy stated that all animals must be contained in the cargo area of the plane....

Not very funny. I know. See? I think I've lost it forever. I wonder what happened? I think I'm burnt out. Vacation is coming. Maybe my funny will come back then. Also I think those business law classes are affecting my brain. Discrimination? Really? Out of all the things I could have chose, I picked workplace discrimination? Oh Elvis, do they even MAKE therapy for that?

7 comments:

savage.spheniscus said...

So this old guy went to the doctor as he's been having some problems.

The doctor says to him "Well! You're going to have to stop masturbating you know!"

The old man exclaims "What? Why?!" in astonishment.

To which the doctor replies, "I'm trying to examine you!"

Ha ha, Grandpa told me that.

Jewels said...

ROTF! See? THAT's funny.

Unknown said...

It'll return Jewels, naturally and unsolicited... like everything else in life.

Mara said...

I never noticed anything missing. And spelling mistakes can be really funny (if you make the wright rong ones that is)

Jerry K said...

As an English teacher, I must say that your spelling and grammar are fine. Except for "mayonnaise."

Jewels said...

Jerry - F. Oh my. THat's been there for THIS LONG AND NO ONE SAID ANYTHING?

Carolina said...

I'm sure Elvis will help you to find your funny again. In fact, you've already found it as I've noticed in your latest post. So no worries there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...