Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kitty Kat Woes

This is Samantha



She has started to use the entire house as a litter box. I am trying to get my house ready for sale... eau du kitty-kat does not smell very attractive to perspective buyers. What do I do? Hubby is pushing to give her up for adoption. It would break my heart. No one I know wants her. I want her, but I can't have little messes all over the house! I don't know what happened. She's never been like this before. I have no way to make her understand how important it is that she NOT pee on the carpet. If only she knew that peeing on the carpet would result in a trip to the humane society, where they will stuff her in a small cage in a room with strays and other sick animals for adoption. And if she doesn't get adopted within 3 weeks, a nice volunteer lady will take her into the back room where they will inject her with a lethal dose of something that stops her little heart. AHHHH. I can't take it. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. How cruel does that sound? I don't know what to do.










5 comments:

agrantham81 said...

Oh No!!

Is there anyway you could lock kitty outside? Or in a room without carpet until you get the house sold?

Hope you work out something to stop her.

xoxoxo

Carolina said...

Oh shit! I'm sorry I don't have the solution. Have you been to the vet already? There must be a reason for her to do it. So... it seems the obvious way to start looking for a solution. Good luck!

Jewels said...

We went to the vet last week. She has a clean bill of health. The problem seems to be behaviour related. My other cat has taken a more dominant position in the house and I think she's upset. She also has been hiding in the spare room and only comes out at night or not at all (hence the misuse of the carpet as the litterbox). Sigh.

Carolina said...

Glad she's okay bodywise (is that a word?). Sorry she's not okay mentalwise (same question). But perhaps you just need a second litter tray and lock her in the spare room with that tray until she's used to using it? Just grasping at straws, but perhaps it works?

Jewels said...

I'm going to try that next. I'm getting desperate. She's been ok for a while, but still is hiding in the spare room like she's terrified of something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...