Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Returning to the world of normalcy... is that a word?

Where have I been all this time you ask? Easy answer. I've joined a gym! I've joined a gym and it is consuming nearly every waking minute I have that I am not working. They say you only have to work out 20min a day to lose weight. HA! Really what they should be saying is that if you want to MAINTAIN your current weight, you should work out for 20 minutes a day. If you want to LOSE weight, you should be doing 3 grueling hours of cardio, plus at least two 30 minute sessions of weights... perferrably three. And when you're not doing that you should be planning your meals so that you're eating less than 1300 calories in a day. 1300! Ghandi ate more than that! But I digress.

So I'm actually having fun and feeling very proud of myself. I haven't lost very many actual pounds, but my clothes are too big and I have loads of energy. Hubby is doing great as well. I feel motivated for the first time in AGES. Unfortunately, almost everything else in life is kind of at a stand-still. Until we actually move, the gym is a half hour drive... plus 15 min to change... and hour to work out.. half an hour to change and shower... half an hour to drive home.. that's almost 3 hours gone and I haven't even made supper yet! Whoa. Once we move, the gym will be around the corner though. Much faster.

Coming around to catch up on my reading now!

Cheers.

4 comments:

Jinksy said...

Just reading your schedule makes me sweat! x

Jewels said...

I know.. but it's all in the name of Health!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Phew....i'm knackered now, haha! It's good to hear from you again, but great that you're so motivated.....I sit on my lazy arse and i'm still behind with everything!
You'll burn up tons of calories packing and unpacking :D

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Good for you, jewels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...