Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring Rain and Cheap Shoes.

After months and months of endless snow... it has finally started to rain. The mild temperatures have me feeling invigorated and praying that we've seen the last of the white stuff - although, I must admit this unlikely as it is only February. Does anyone know if that damn groundhog saw his shadow?

The slightly milder weather and rain has me greedy for spring. I can't wait to see the grass grow, the birds sing, and the flowers bloom.

Of course, with the beginning of spring, comes the beginning of the flip-flop season. Don't get me wrong, I think they are the most comfortable shoes on earth... but that noise drives me insane... flip-flop, flip-flop, flip flop. The worst is when you have a whole bunch of floppers together... FLIP-FLOP, FLIP-FLOP, FLIP-FLOP. I often find myself marching to the beat of someone elses flip-flops. I can't help myself, the rythmic sound is hypnotic. Next time you have your flip-flops on, watch for people marching beside you in a robotic state of facination. No, it's not your new hair, or your latest purchase from Old Navy, they are enthralled by the sound of your $2 foam shoes smacking the bottoms of your callused feet.

Happy flopping.

2 comments:

Carolina said...

See!?! You are probably an even greater storyteller ;-) Very big smile while reading about your flip-flop-'fixation'. I will never be able to pass a flip-flopper by without noticing the flip-flopsound. Thank you :-(

Jewels said...

lol. Well, why should I be the only one in misery?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...